Saturday 30 January 2010

Kurzick or Luxon?

guildwarsbardcopy

This evening i joined a small guild, nothing permanent i don’t think but just something so that i can play alliance battles, i always like to play the Kurzick side of the war and have fell into the trap of thinking of myself as a member of the Kurzick war.

Isn't its strange how we fall into the trappings of taking sides in a virtual war and more importantly actually start to loathe the opposing team.

200px-Alliance_Battles_map

For games like World of Warcraft with its choice of ‘side’ being a massive influence in the daily life of a character its easy to understand this sense of team but in Guild Wars its really only one of two missions in the Factions campaign that is effected by your choice.

When it comes down to the actual meat of the PvP your choice of ‘side’ really does not influence things that much, so why do we feel this alliance?

I think the answer is because of the fantastic cut senses and strong story that the game guides us through. that and the PvP title track that appears when we first hand in some of those glorious faction points, i mean, once you are ‘Friend of the Kurzicks’ your hardly going to stab them in the back are you?

Anyway what side are you on and does it mean much to you?




3 comments:

  1. I think I was a friend of the Kurzicks after I finished their storyline, and I went straight to AB to get some Luxon points to CLEANSE ME! XD
    I started as a Luxon in my first guild, and did their storyline first in factions (YOU BABY TURTLE KILLERS ;_;)
    Why don't you stay in guilds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that for Alliance Battles, the wait time is next to nothing for Luxons :) :) One reason is that when Kurzicks are up and playing, usually Luxons are sleeping and so they get in immediately. That being said, I'm in a Kurzick guild atm and enjoy play as Kurzick. I just bought some elite armor for my warrior, and it looks great.
    Plum Peach

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anthony_Roth

    yeah i have been in Luxon guilds but i just enjoy the Kurzick side more, am not really sure why.

    the wait times for luxons ARE usually shorter and that is a really good reason to switch, I'm not sure it that means that Kurzick is more popular or not though.

    ReplyDelete